Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical services Scotstown Medical Group provides the following “additional services”:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team
- Contraceptive services including contraceptive advice, oral contraceptive pills, contraceptive injections, implant fitting and IUCD (coil) insertion.
- Maternity services in the ante-natal and post-natal period, together with the midwives from the Aberdeen Maternity Hospital
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting team
- Minor Surgery Clinics: for the removal of various small skin lesions
Scotstown Medical Group also has a contract with NHS Grampian to provide the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis.
- Regular monitoring, by blood tests for patients on Warfarin.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes.