Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical services Scotstown Medical Group provides the following “additional services”:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team
- Contraceptive services including contraceptive advice, oral contraceptive pills, contraceptive injections, implant fitting and IUCD (coil) insertion.
- Maternity services in the ante-natal and post-natal period, together with the midwives from the Aberdeen Maternity Hospital
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting team
- Minor Surgery Clinics: for the removal of various small skin lesions
- Please note that we no longer offer treatments for warts and verrucas or carry out ear syringing. Please find guidelines below for self treatment.
Wart and Verruca Self Treatment
Scotstown Medical Group also has a contract with NHS Grampian to provide the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis.
- Regular monitoring, by blood tests for patients on Warfarin.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes.